Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 50 - Opera Cake

Yesterday and today I baked an Opera Cake. The Chef told me that if this would have been my practical, I would have made a 100 on it. I didn't take a picture of the whole cake. Here is just one slice and all the slices look exactly the same.
I'll tell you what the layers are from top to bottom:
- Opera Chocolate Glaze
- Coffee French Butter Cream
- Syrup (coffee & rum) soaked Joconde
- Ganache
- Syrup soaked Joconde
- Coffee French Butter Cream
- Syrup soaked Joconde
- Chablon (thin footing)
I plan to make this at home this coming weekend for my family.
Today, I also worked on Feuilles D'Automne. I started by making Chocolate Mouse and Almond Meringue Disk. Tomorrow I'll complete it. Also I started making Cat's Tongue Cookies (which is kind like a Milano cookie. I'll also finish this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment