Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day 31 - Baking Bread Again

The Cuban bread above was what I didn't get baked before I left, but the Chef baked it for me.
Well they were supposed to be baguettes but turn out to Cuban bread. It seems they were put in an oven by another Chef in another classroom. The oven wasn't turned on, so they basically proofed a little more before my Chef instructor realized the oven wasn't on. He turned on the oven and so the dough proofed a little more while the oven heated up. So the Chef explained that basically my dough came out similar to Cuban bread.

The great thing about not having a partner is that I get to do everything. Today I made three kinds of bread.

These are Rolls with Sun-dried Tomato topped with a little Parmesan cheese. I didn't like these so much and the reason is, is that I didn't put salt and sugar that was called for. I got to taste my rolls and the rolls that the Chef made and that little bit of salt and sugar makes a big difference. Oops!

Then I made baguette made using the sponge method. I accidentally added to much water while making the dough and I realized it instantly. So I just added more flower and a little salt to compensate. Good mistake since I got to bring the extra baguette home with me. It came out great and taste very good.

Last I made Foccacia bread topped with tomato, basil, mozzarella and Parmesan. I like the Focaccia bread. I wish I had had more tomato to put on it. I'll being making this again. I really like baking bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment