Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday - Day Off

On Thursday (Externship Day 28) and Friday (Day 29) I got to work in the chocolate world again. I like getting to work in chocolate world. The two pluses are that the room is cooler and it is quieter. The Executive Pastry Chef, Tariq, pulled me aside on Thursday to talk to me, and told me they are going to start paying me three days of the week filling macaroons. Yes, it’s not the most amazing job but it is something that really needs to be done. I’m not complaining. The other two days I will help out in chocolate world. This really made me feel good and I feel like he must appreciate the work that I'm doing. I still want to work on my speed and I'm confident that I'll get much faster. Also, I now get two days off in a row as before my days off were split apart. Yeay!
On Sunday I made a Roasted Poblano Pepper and Cheese soup. It came out really good. This was the first time I had made a soup from scratch. I made it for dinner on Monday night, to have with my grandparents, uncle, aunt and a cousin.
Sunday evening, my brother and I went to John Besh’s restaurant August in New Orleans. The dinner was my birthday present from my parents. The food was good. I would have to say my most favorite part was the gulf shrimp pot stickers. Mmmmm….. those were yummy! For dessert I had got their version of a napoleon. It had a chocolate cake, then a chocolate nougatine, on top a chocolate mousse, another nougatine, and on the very top was a scoop of salted toffee ice cream. It was yummy!
So today is my birthday and I'm just getting better.

My brother Stephen and I getting ready to go to August for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment