Saturday, September 11, 2010

20th Day of Externship

Sorry, I have been busy this week. Last Saturday I got my first burn at work, then I got another one on Tuesday, and then again today I burnt my fingers again. It is not too bad though, I will live. This week I worked more on making parts of desserts so that they could be put together not only for the store but for a wholesale order. The Saints played on Thursday. It was their first season home game. And in honor of the big day Joel and Tariq made us amazing hamburgers. The buns were even made fresh (I guess you would figure that at a bakery). Also on Thursday, Joel showed me how to cut a pineapple the right way to save as much of the fruit as possible. I can't wait to go to school and learn knife skills and tricks of the culinary world. Today, I was alone by myself, at least as far as the task I was doing. There were other people there in other areas. I took pictures of the six types of cupcakes that I was making at Sucré. They are really good. Especially the chocolate salted caramel cupcake, also known as the Saints Cup Cake. I am learning a lot and having loads of fun.

From top left to right: Chocolate/Chocolate, Vanilla/Lemon, Chocolate/Salted Caramel. From bottom left to right: Chocolate/Caramel, Vanilla/Chocolate, Vanilla/Strawberry. (cupcake/frosting)

No comments:

Post a Comment