Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 74 - Custards


Today we were working on custards. Above is Commander's Palace Bread Pudding that I made using Croissants instead of French bread. It tasted really good. Too bad you can't taste it. Sorry!
Above is Panna Cotta which I made. It's kind of like a milk jello for lack of a better way to describe it. I didn't get to taste it as it hadn't set up before I left class. I'll try it later. I also made some mini cheesecakes, but we did not finish them yet so I will take pictures later. I also made Creme Anglaise which will be turned into ice cream later. Can't wait to taste it.

Today I received a Honors PIN (see top picture) in class for having an overall 4.0 grade point average up to now in the Baking and Patisserie Course. I'll try to keep this up.
After class, I went to my 4th Wilton Cake Decorating Class (1st course). Above is the cake I made at home and then decorated in the Decorating class. I think my roses came out better. I was pretty happy with all the decorating. I enjoyed taking the Wilton class. Next Thursday I'll start the 2nd Wilton Cake Decorating Class. Always more to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment