Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 64 - Croissants

Today we made Croissant Shapes. Looking at the picture above, the top left is a chocolate rectangle croissant. The top right is a classic French Croissant. In the middle is supposed to be a crescent croissant, but I didn't do to good. The bottom left is a ham and cheese croissant. The bottom right an almond croissant.

This is a side view of a Nid Abeille. It has a Mousseline filling with pineapple, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Below is a picture showing the filling without the top on.

Tonight was my second Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1 class. This isn't at my school, but I thought I would take the class, to learn more techniques for decorating cakes. Last week for the first class, I received my material. The second class tonight I had to bring in a cake with icing. I just bake an 8" chocolate cake with icing made with the Wilton decorating butter cream recipe. In the class we learned to make transfers with piping gel and we learned about pressure, consistency using a piping bag. The yellow, purple and green icing was done in class. We also learned about using star tips, writing and the beginning of making a butter cream rose.





No comments:

Post a Comment