Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Orleans

Today I arrived in New Orleans. After unloading the cars, we had to have some Fried Shrimp Poboys and some Fried Shrimp plates from Bobby's Seafood on Jefferson Hwy. Afterwards, I drove to the Sucré Confectionery Studio to make sure I knew the route to get there and then back home. I can't wait to start work on Monday. My family and I rode to the Sucré store on Magazine street. My brother lives here in River Ridge where I'm staying and so he was with us also. It was probably the first time I had to actually parallel on a little narrow street. But I made it. Magazine Street is actually bustling with activity. The are many little restaurants, stores and shops with people all around. Sucré was very busy. We tasted many different chocolates and purchased quite a few to bring home to family. We also purchased some pastries to bring home. My mom and dad had a vanilla malt which they loved. On the way home, my sister and I stopped and each had a snowball. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment