Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday - Volunteer work

Today I volunteered to work a dinner as a server. I worked for a Chef David Ross from Le Cordon Bleu who was also my Chef Instructor in high school. It was a fun time. This was a dinner for eight people at a private house (a very nice house at that). The home owners had bid on this dinner at an charity auction for the North Gwinnett High School Foundation. The chef brought the food and cooked for the people and their guest.
On Friday night I made Apple Sorbet that came out fabulous. I made this with a combination of Granny Smith and Golden Delicious Apples. This time I strained it and the texture was exactly right. This was my second effort and it was perfect. I brought this so the Chef could serve it as an intermezzo between courses. The Chef and his wife loved it so I was happy. It was served in an ice carved martini glass. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures.
Above is a picture of the Apple Sorbet (the two scoops on the left) and a Pineapple-Mango Sorbet (the two scoops on the right). I made the Pineapple-Mango Sorbet on Sunday, but I added the picture to today's post. The Pineapple-Mango came out very good.
Here is a video, from a local news channel, covering the dinner.
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/good_day_atl/good_day_xtra/FOX-5%27s-Tom-Haynes-a-Chef-051410

No comments:

Post a Comment