Well, after the two weeks of working two jobs, I reached my limit. It was too many hours and too much stress. Don't get me wrong I could do either job well, but either is the operative word. I was getting better at Commander's Palace each day. But, it was just not for me. So it is sad news in a way, but it is good news because I'm learning and narrowing my goals toward my profession.
I have learned a lot about myself in the last few weeks;
· I can get a job all by myself. Just like at Sucré.
· I am a fast learner.
· Speed is of course needed but takes time to build up.
· That most likely, working in a restaurant is not for me.
· I can do anything I set my mind to do.
· That no matter what you are doing you can't under perform at any job.
· Finally, communication is the absolute way to make life a little easier and work better.
So, it’s back to working at Sucré only, and my little world of chocolate. I enjoyed my learning experience at Commander's Palace even if it was a brief period of time.I know have to reevaluate my goals and decide whether or not going back to school for culinary degree is really what I want to do. Now that I have discovered how I feel after working a Commander's Palace, I have more experience to help in my decision. If I decide not to go back to school, then I will need to figure out what, where, and how to go from here. As the saying goes, life's not always easy.Next week, I'm traveling back to Atlanta to take the 5-Day Ultimate Gumpaste Flowers Class from Nicholas Lodge. This will be my second class with him and I'm so excited! :)