Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hollandaise Sauce

                                (Eggs Benedict)                               
Upon my dad's request, for his new found liking of Eggs Benedict, I tried making Hollandaise Sauce for the first time today. The first batch scrambled on me. Too high of heat maybe, and I stopped stirring for a second to check the temperature of the egg yokes. Oops! It was a good thing that only that part messed up, because I had just enough clarified butter for one more batch. The second batch worked. After having successfully completing the Hollandaise, I tasted it, and it was a bit on the tart side. Hollandaise should taste buttery, but not so much that it covers the light lemony taste. So, I added some salt, white pepper, a little cayenne, and a little more clarified butter. It tasted much better. Then my dad poached the eggs, and heated the ham. We put it all together on a English muffin. Yum! I have never eaten eggs Benedict before today. I wouldn't say it is my favorite, but I have never tried it before. My mom and dad liked it a lot. Even though by the time dad got his eggs poached, muffins toasted and assemble the Hollandaise sauce was broken from the temperature changing. I felt bad, because he was the one that wanted it. Oh well. He says he can't wait for me to try it again next weekend. Nothing but trial and error to make you better.

No comments:

Post a Comment